hi,

I bought a CNC router a few months ago. I have been using bobcad 19 for routing 2d parts. I draw every thing in AutoCAD and dxfout into bobcad. I mostly use bobcad to generate tool paths and g-code.

I have not created 3d parts yet, but I am very proficient in AutoCAD 3d. My thoughts are that I would create the model in AutoCAD and dxfout or IGES out into bobcad. Then generate tool paths, similar to what I do in 2d. I have heard many good things about CNCone and creating 3d models.

So my question is this. For those who have use both CNCone and Bobcad. If I am creating the model in AutoCAD, would there be any benefit to switch from Bobcad to CNCone. I would be using only tool path generation functions, and the NC side of the program. I don't think I would be interested in comparing the model creation features between the two programs.

Does any one know how much One CNC cost? I tried to find out on the web page, but you have to contact them to get a quote. The problem with contacting vendors to get a price quote, is that they will do follow up calls, and pester you until you buy.

Thanks in advance for any help

Gina