Gentlemen,

I have an older model VF0E mill which I have cleaned up and been using for light work for several years.
Lately, the machine has started to get an "X axis servo error too large" error when homing the X axis. It does this at power up and after power up.
This doesn't happen all of the time, only occasionally, but it is becoming more frequent. Last time I fired it up, It wouldn't home the X axis at all.

I removed all of the way covers and cleaned everything up. I exposed the limit switch and am able to see the value change in the diagnostics screen when I press the switch.
I can look down the underside of the table and see that the ramp is centered on the switch properly.
I have reseated the connector for the X axis on the back of the machine as well as the X encoder.
I have opened up the coupler box and checked that the lead screw coupler bolts are tight.

I still have the error. It doesn't seem to matter if I zero the X axis with "Power UP / Restart" or "Zero RET" all or X axis only.
The machine will move the table left slowly then either home correctly or get the error with everything else the same.
I can jog X right and home again. Sometimes no problem, sometimes an error.

I think I'll just change the X axis home switch and see if that corrects it, but I though you gurus might have seen this before.

Thanks,
Rick