Looking for my first laser engraver/cutter. I have fairly extensive experience with cnc as I'm a machinist, but in this low cost laser world I'm a bit lost on what to purchase. Im looking in the $200-$500 range and there are so many options all of which claim to be superior of course. My main questions are these..

1. Which of the above brands (or if you have any other suggested brands), has the best customer support?

2. Does one brand produce better quality laser modules than another?, or do they all have essentially the exact same components and build quality?

3. Does one brand hold a clear lead on frame build quality and possibly better bearings etc?

4. I tend to lean towards useful mechanical type items vs "artsy" creations, so I would imagine I will mostly enjoy the cutting aspects of laser cnc use. That said, will I be frustrated with a 5500mw laser? (thinking of cutting up to 1/4" or 6mm ply) and should I be looking at a stacked diode 11000mw or is it a matter of air assist and a few more passes?

5. What does a 50watt or 40watt laser have over a 30watt laser when the optical power is 5500mw on each? this is confusing, and almost seems like a market ploy rather than actuall upgraded specs.

Look, I understand opinions will vary, and people tend to lean towards what they ended up buying as its human nature to validate ones own purchase when you have had good results. Im mostly looking to ping you guys that have been doing this a while and have owned several different machines :stickpoke, as thats the only way in my opionion to form a meaningful bias towards a certain unit. I appriciate your time reading my post and am excited to see some input!

Thank you all,
Cheers
:cheers: