Among other projects, I am trying to upgrade a Pratt & Whitney Triax VII NC mill that has a 5M control to a 15MA control and servo system (20S X 3 and 0S X2) from a donor machine that got scrapped here. I was wondering if the 5M had any ladder stored on EPROMS like the Zero does., and if so, what the location of the chips was and what language they were written in. I thought maybe having the old ladder would be a good start on writing the new one. . It is pretty simple machine from an I/0 standpoint.( X,Y,Z, A,B Limit/homing switches, coolant, A, B, Z axis and spindle brake, lube) No tool changer. It will have the standard FS 15 keypad and the FS 0 standard Mill operator panel.I know a ladder will have to be written for the 15. Is there any kind of template or basic ladder that covers these panels what I can build on? I have an inherited pg terminal and I think I have most of the software with it, but this will be the first time trying to write one for a Fanuc. I have a fair amount of experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley so I have a basic clue of what would be involved, but I think I am going to need help on this for at least this first time. I realize the 15 is overkill for this machine, and that from a "retrofit" standpoint it is a fairly difficult control to configure. I have all the hardware and the well tooled machine on hand, and have the time, so I figure I may as well. l In the end my goal is to have a 5 axis mill with a huge work envelope that is very robust and have as little invested as possible. Also is there anywhere in the non volatile control that might have the ball screw mapping stored that I could recover and reuse? The batteries in the 5m are long dead. Somewhere I may be able to locate some documentation and or the tapes from the machine, but at the moment they are MIA in all our junk. I realize I will likely have to pay someone to help me configure the control and write the ladder since it is my first attempt at such a project. I know there is a lot of knowledge lurking on these boards. I promise to keep sharing it once I have acquired some of it. There are not a lot of people left that know these older Fanucs and are on the internet and I know there are at least 4 or 5 here.

Sorry for such a convoluted post. I just wanted to try and answer all the questions, and warnings before they were asked.