Short question: Does anyone know or have access to a procedure for replacing the y axis ball screw?

Long version:
I have an 1100 series 3 that I purchased last summer used. This is my first cnc machine; I'm just getting into cnc knifemaking from doing it by hand. I was getting a lot of chatter regardless of speed and feed adjustments. This led me down a path of servicing the power draw bar and then checking lost motion. I was within spec on the x axis. The Y axis was taking about .0045" as displayed in path pilot to go .001" as measured by a dial test indicator even after repeated measurements in different places. I would step in .0001 increments with the ballscrew moving but no motion of the table, then almost seem to go back a tick, then finally move. This is with the y axis gib screws loosened.

After a bit of reading online and you tube videos, I made the decision to replace the ball screw, thinking that the ball screw fit to the ball screw nut was loose, and that replacing it would be a surefire way to fix the problem. In retrospect after more reading, I wish I had also checked to see if the base had some torsion in it before going down that road.

Well now I've learned that when you remove the ball screw nut from the ball screw a LOT of ball bearings and little parts fall out. I had been counting on being able to remove the ball screw nut to allow me to re-insert the new ball screw through the holes in the base casting in the back of the machine. Now I know I can't take the ball screw nut off so I came up with the idea of lifting the machine, putting it on blocks, then I would be able to reach up underneath with the new ball screw. Well there isn't enough room to get it in.

I figure there has to be a reasonable way to do this that I am just not figuring out.