HI,
We have a vmx 24 with a 715 board that has failed to recognise the HDD after having all the capacitors on the mobo replaced (they had leaked everywhere although the board still worked we got them done). i have a pretty extensive background with pc's etc and the peak 715 is just that a pc. i suspected it may have dropped the cmos settings but the board should have still detected a hdd there upon boot. we bought another 715 board that had the cmos cleared and it could detect the hdd no problem but would halt on the error for the cmos being reset. there came our next problem the ps/2 connector doesnt work and we cant get past the "press f1 to continue" replacing the conector itself did nothing so im guessing its the controller for that that has gone. Anyway we now have a brand new peak 777 new sata HDD adapters etc etc and was wondering if anyone has ever done this upgrade on a hurco we have the install disks for v2-37-03e which when we spoke to hurco they said it makes it an easier upgrade as we are using this. i plan to do the upgrade in the next day or so. is it going to be as straight forward as formatting using fdisk and setting the hdd parameters etc and the same with the bios settings or am i going to run into some other problems? am i missing something or is it pretty straight forward any advice would be greatly appreciated i thought id ask now before running into the problems later.

Thanks in advance