587,702 active members*
3,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Threaded View

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    You nailed it! Looks fantastic
    Looks like your the only one who frequents this massive post, I'm glad I still have one friend left (chair)

So I guess no one would be interested in knowing about the electrical fire in the control box!
    For several days I've been smelling burnt electronics, along with a malfunctioning Z-Axis!
    Finally this morning the whole shop smoked up, the Z-Axis stopped functioning, and I had to open the garage door which let the cold in
    For several hours, I started dismantling the machine in an attempt to find the source of the problem! When I opened the door on the control box it was obvious the problem was inside!
    With a flashlight, I looked around until I saw a trace of soot on the back panel. Apparently, the G203V controller and the PMDX 134 motherboard were arcing across the DC input pins which melted everything in its path!

I'm not sure why they were arcing, but I did send both parts to Gechodrive with hopes they could figure it out! All my connectors are good, all the voltages were good too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Red 2.jpg   Big Red 1.jpg