Hi guys, about 1 year ago I bought a ZX7045 machine, when I bought it already had plans to convert it to CNC now I'm really decided to go for it but I need a couple of opinions from the experienced guys...

well first I really want to make a precise machine so on ballscrews I'll go for TBI C5 rolled ballscrews probably with doublenut, I think 16mm for X and Y will do and 20mm for the Z what you guys think? about the pitch I'm thinking to go with 5mm, it's not a big big machine so I think 5mm will be good but I need your input on that too...

about motors, I decided to go with the Leadshine hybrids ES-MH33480+ES-DH2306, the drivers are direct AC connect and they look very beaffy for this machine, from the torque/speed curve I get the full 8Nm up to 300RPM that's about 1500mm/min on 5mm pitch and get half the torque at 900RPM that's 4500mm/min seems like more than enough for this machine...

I already bought a nice Lenze 2.2KW VFD motor rated for 3400RPM @ 120HZ for the spindle I get the full torque from 60 to 120HZ and 1700-3400RPM I'm thinking of using a 1:2 and 2:1 pulley ratio for high and low speeds I think it will be very nice this way what you guys think? I do mostly aluminum think 7000RPM will do or it's short?

I bought the machine with morse 4 tool holder (only one that my vendor had unfortunely) but I'll buy a BT30 spindle, already know where they sell them just need to replace the bearings for handle the max speed of at least 7000RPM...

now the crazy part... I don't like the dovetail ways of the machine very much... scratch that, I don't like them at all... and I'm seriously thinking to change the machine to go with some hiwin or TBI rails, here's where I need the most of your opinions... already made some draft's on this... has someone did this before? I'm seriously thinking about this...

I'll attach some sketches I made and I think it's very possible to do....

anyway about this subject, on the drafts I'm using 25mm linear rails, however I'm thinking to had 2 more carriers on the X axis, that table weights ALOT and I'm a bit scared to have it hold only by 2 (4) cars when it's all on one end...

about the Z axis, I don't think I'll manage to get those 25mm rails without significantly change the Z pilar, so will 20mm rails be enough? I also have to sketch the head so I can really look at this...

other thing, I'll have to make a new cross plate to hold the linear carriers and of course the ballnuts mounts, either I'll make it in aluminum 7075 (I was thinking on this about 40mm thick and I can make it myself) or using steel I'll have to ask on a CNC shop to make it to me... what do you guys think?

I won't write any longer since I want to know first what you guys say...´

best regards

Attachment 357518

Attachment 357520

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zx3.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	357522