We’re looking to replace equipment in our antiquated cnc machine shop that varies dramatically in manufacturers, toolholder size, controls, etc. Ideally we would like to find one brand, one holder, and one control. The machining envelope sizes needed are as follows.

1 – 3” bore cnc lathe with live tooling

1 – horizontal 4 axis 24” x 24”
2 – vertical 3 axis 20” x 40”
3 – vertical 3 axis 40” x 60”
1 – gantry/bed plate style VMC 50” x 100”+(this one would be nice if it was the same manufacturer as the rest but itseems to be limiting my choices)

Common material to be machined are 6061 alu.,A36, 514, high hard armor, and titanium.

There is little concern for conversational controls as we have featurecam software. This shop is almost exclusively prototype, so no need for pallet changing systems or other high production systems.
"
This shop doesn’t generally require very high tolerances. Only once a month will I possibly see plus .0005" minus zero. So we don’t need to go as high end as Hermle for example. But I would like to get more quality then our current fadal’s, toyoda’s, and yama seiki’s. This is a small shop inside of a large company located in south eastern Michigan that likes to purchase machines and run them for 20 to 30 years before selling. I might be able to talk them into a lease agreement if the price is right but lets assume that these machines will be staying around for a while.

Ive already interviewed Okuma, DMG mori, Makino, and Mazak. The question is, what other cnc machine manufacturers have I not considered that have what im looking for along with ample replacement parts on hand when something breaks, and plenty of service technicians available. Also, I am in no way interested in Haas machines, thank you.