In general, you can space out that existing plate
what do you mean by this?
It's interesting to see how you've done your Z slide. You have it in reverse to mine i.e. you've got the carriages fixed to the gantry and the rials on the back of the sliding plate, which I like the look of. All the bits that can get debris in them are hidden behind the long plate, and the long plate that has the spindle housing attached to it would lend itself better to permanently fixing my Perske spindle to it as it has the fixing bolts at either end of its length, quite far apart, top and bottom.
Any reason why you did it like that, or was that roughly how it was originally?Any reason why you didn't by an off the shelf Z axis, would you now in retrospect. (forgive me if you've already answered this, it's late here and I'm really tired, so my brain isn't working)

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
Post a photo of your X (along gantry I mean) bearings, be curious what they look like from the photos you did post.
Which bearings do you mean. Happy to post pics, but I'm not sure where you mean.

These are the main components of the Z with the bearings in place.

Attachment 326068Attachment 326070Attachment 326072Attachment 326074Attachment 326076Attachment 326078Attachment 326076Attachment 326080

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk