CINCINNATI MILACON
ACRAMATIC A2100 CNC CONTROL
RealTime CPU MotherBoard
AA 653781 – 205
PBA 647633 205
AMIBIOS ©1992 Americian Magatrends, INC
BIOS Version 1.00.06.BR0

The battery in the RT CPU MB has failed, this resulted in a loss of CMOS settings and an NVRAM fault / halt on boot as follows:

NVRAM Checksum Error, NVRAM Cleared
NVRAM Data Invalid, NVRAM Cleared.

A new battery was installed, the CMOS was set according to the Siemens field service documentation, the CMOS and RTC settings are now retained on power down.

Whilst setting the CMOS was a simple matter the NVRAM fault cannot be cleared by:
Any combination of CMOS settings;
Mother Board switch 4 - CMOS Clear (NVRAM); or
Removal of the battery and MB power.

This may indicate a BIOS / NVRAM corruption or hardware fault.
Extensive testing of the MB with diagnostics utilities has not revealed any hardware issues.
The next step in the repair process should be to re-flash the BIOS and apply any custom PnP settings with an ISA Configuration Utility.
This should eliminate all possible field repair procedures before a MB swap is concluded.

On reading the CNC Zone posts on this issue, I believe Siemens readily shared these files with CNC Mill users.
Would it be possible for someone to share the BIOS and NVRAM flash files from Siemen’s / Cincinnati Milacron with me.
If not could you please advise who I can contact to source these files.

As the CNC Mill has multiple faults I am not inclined to swap out the RT MB at this stage without exhausting all possible field repairs as the expense may be unjustifiable if the Mill is beyond economical repair.

Any assistance with this issue is appreciated.

Thanks
John