Hi all,
This is my first post on here and Ive found some very interesting matl. as well.
But Im currently having a problem with my VMC. (VF-OE)
I was doing a simple interpolation with a .5" carbide EM (I wasnt working the mill hard either) but i noticed the spindle load was creeping up to 50%. So I waited till the tool was done in the hole and stopped it to look at it. I realized there was a chipped tooth so I decied it was time for another tool. When i went to hit reset and send it home there was 2 alarms 1 was #102 .. servo's are off yada yada and #163 ... Z axis drive fault. Now the spindle is stuck about 9 inches from the table and I have no idea how to relieve this.
I know on my mill that the Z servo switch can work its self lose after time but I have no way of removing the head cover with the head being down so low. It is hitting on the SHCS that attache the guides of the head.
So I guess I have 2 questions ... is there a way to relieve the alarm ? and dose it seem logical to remove the guides that run all the way up the colum of the machine so I can remove the SHCS that are in the way of the head ?

any help would be great .
Thanks
Brad