Hello everybody. I have found this forum and the people on it very helpful and I think there is a wealth of knowledge here. I am hoping I can show you guys something we have been working on and be able to give back.
We have created a small program that we use for generating the G-code for drilling and tapping holes. We have had some jobs come through that require a lot of tapping and our Mastercam machine file does not support rigid tapping. So we generated a small program to generate the G-code and used a tension/compression tapping head to do the tapped holes.

Currently the program outputs the correct code for our machine (a Tormach PCNC1100) using a G81 through G84 Canned Cycles. Because of the delay at the bottom of the hole when the spindle reverses direction the T/C head gets stretched a little, but we have had no issues so far. The next version of the program will generate the code to manually plunge, stop, reverse, wait, and then retract, and this should eliminate the stretch on the T/C head. The program will also do drilling before the tapped holes as well as just standard drilling. It can auto-generate grid and circular patterns and has a graphing ability to view them. It has options for spot, clearance, coolant and more. Here is a short instructional video showing what it can do:

http://www.youtu.be/Qlp5jzpEr-I

And here is a fun video of generating 462 holes in only 3:30 from beginning to end, and with the use of no other software than our own.

The program is hosted on our website for download FOR FREE, just download the zip file and then run the .exe, there is a defaults .txt file that can be configured to load default settings but we will go over that later if there is interest. We just want to see if this is helpful to anyone else and get some feedback. If it is helpful we can do instruction videos for any of the other features if anyone is interested in it. If you have any features you think would be good to add or if you have any questions just contact us and let us know.