Quote Originally Posted by jxdxwx View Post
Ok, so IF my drives dont need proper inverting then I need to wire it like this ....

PIN 1 - A - to STEP
PIN 2 - A - TO GROUND
PIN 3 - (NC)
PIN 4 - B - to DIRECTION
PIN 5 - B - to GROUND
PIN 6 - (CABLE SHIELD ?)
PIN 7 - (NC)
PIN 8 - I - to ENABLE
PIN 9 - I - to GROUND

Ithe they do need proper inverting and will not work with Mach3, what is my next step?
Is there a peice of hardware that will allow the interface?
Could you take a look at my manual and tell me one way or another?

some of the servostar amps can do step and direction OR quadrature encoder feedback, but not both at the same time.
Is 'quadrature encoder feedback' something that I need to look into?
What is it?

As I mentioned before my servos are using resolvers and I see that Mach3 does not like resolvers.
However my drives have an output port for encoder compatible feedback. Does that help my case?

Thank you. No Fish
resolvers are fine. I missed that part. the drive closes the loop, mach 3 is "blind". what I meant was if your motors has incremental quadrature encoders, you could not use step and direction at the same time. but you don't need to worry about that. the only drawback to the resolver is that they can be somewhat low resolution. my siemens resolver isn't bad though, roughly equivalent to about 2000 steps per turn (10 arc minute precision).

if the drive wants true differential, I do not know if there is any easy way of dealing with that. i know machmotion made a little adapter for the Mitsubishi drives.