I bought this rotary table for $475 shipped. Its chinese and it actually has a serial number, instruction manual, and a company name with a website. And it does appear to have about 30 arc seconds of backlash. Ive measured a few things about it with a tenths indicator and so far I'm very impressed.

It would appear Tormach is buying this table, relabeling it, adding the motor and adding about $1400 to the price youd pay for those parts. Remember, were not talking about re-engineering it. The rotary table has fantastic specs out of the box, all you need is a bracket and a motor, and a controller. You can get stepper or brushless servomotor controllers for less than $100, and a motor to match for about the same. Machine your own bracket. Tada..now you have the tormach $2100 4th axis tilting rotary table kit for $700.

I am surprised nobody makes a kit already to do just that.

I bought my table from utoole.com. They have a bunch of accessories for it too, and yes, they are much cheaper than the ones on tormachs site, and look identical.

Guess what. I'm going to be converting mine to CNC. Whatever I figure out will almost certainly be transferable to a tormach. Whos in?