Hello All!

New Powerpath 15 lathe user here. I'm just getting the lathe up and running and am having issues getting a nicely formed OD thread. I'm using the Powerpath controls for the operation, but may switch to g-code for a bit more control.

I'm doing M6x1. threads starting with an od of .231, lead of .0394, height .0225, engage angle 29. Initial DOC .005, then .003 with a min of .002.

The insert I'm using says to run at 260-590sfm for steel, my stock is cr mild steel. I have rpm set at 4000. The actual rpm is about 5.5% lower than programmed at 100%.

After I ran the cycle I ended up with an OD of .2355 and the profile just about looks like I have double threads.

I plan on doing a LOT of threading for the various parts I'll be making and really need to get this process down. Steel, 4130, SS and aluminum.

My lathe came with a flat screen, I did the USB drive conversion, replaced a proximity sensor for the chuck clamp and the main board. I thought this was the most unintuitive software until I realized I was missing some colors and couldn't see the white colored keyboard symbols to tell me which button to push for all of the softkeys. The board fixed that and I also upgraded to the latest software version. I don't have a tool setter or parts catcher, but do have a chip conveyor. If anyone has a tool setter or partscatcher they want to get rid of, let me know!

Thanks!

Alex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1657[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	251670