Unfortunately, during gib adjustment on the Z-Axis of my IH CNC Conversion Mill I locked up the Z-Axis and burned out the servo motor. I contacted Charter Oak Automation and Paul was very helpful in trying to find a "stock" replacement servo motor, which are no longer in production and none could be located. Paul suggested I replace my IH CNC Z-Axis servo motor setup with the new Charter Oak Z-Axis installation. The new Charter Oak Z-Axis setup has the servo motor mounted upward (the opposite of the old IH CNC setup) and unfortunately the ceiling in my workshop is too low to accommodate the new Charter Oak Z-Axis setup.

After searching the Internet, I found the HomeShopCNC website where they sell a Nema-34 Servo Motor (850 oz-in peak torque, 72v DC brushed motor, without encoder) for $159. I bought one and when it arrived, I discovered it was approximately 0.3 inches larger in diameter than the original IH CNC servo motor. I enlarged the Z-Axis IH CNC Nema-34 stock spacer along with the stock motor bracket using my Taig CNC Mill. Additionally, I had to make an additional 3/16 inch thick spacer to correct for a slightly shorter servo motor shaft. https://grabcad.com/library/nema-34-motor-spacer-1

The new servo motor has been installed and operates flawlessly so far.

Attachment 247190