I've been looking to get a cnc for a while, looed at the tormach etc, ended up with a G0704 conversion.

I have the G0704 mounted on the stand, ready for conversion. I looked and talked to a few different vendors about getting parts for the conversion, it wasn't always easy to get answers or lead times, i understand most are mom and pop etc so expectations are what they are. But it seemed like most were behind by a few months or more, and luckily i got a bonus at work so after reading about the flashcut and taling to them a bit, it seemed ok. They're definitely expensive, and i don't like the way the quote system works on the web, especially that you can quote for sets they won't actually sell to you, but enough people have said their part about that i guess. I went with the higher amperage $3,500 kit.

Box arrived yesterday, opened it up. Usual buckwheatish packing pellets in a flimsy box, but not damage on the outside.

Each item was wrapped in bubble wrap internally,

The flashcut controller was in another box, wrapped in polythene or somesuch, i would have liked to see an ESD bag, since there was a lot of charge imbalance in the packing material, and better safe than sorry, they're not expensive.

All the parts out

Some details

Stepper a bit scratched up

Manual/Software on CD's, I think it is also available online, my pc doesn't have a CD so i'll be looking for that. The CD labels are stickers and they were bubbled and peeling off, cheaper low volume production type of affair. I'd rather see the stickers put on the case instead, CD's are already temperamental.

stepper brackets

discolouration was there from the opening.

Finish is ok, they're a little rough.

Off to find a CD drive and take a look over the manuals..

cheers