G'day All
I'm currently looking at buying a cnc Machining center and have found a good little Dyna Myte m2013 with a Mitsubishi meldas 520 control.
As far as i know Dyna have never optioned this machine with a 4th axis and i was trying to find out what is involved it adding it. Obviously i would need the rotary table + servo motor and a compatible Mitsubishi servo drive, but what about the parameters in the control? I've spoken to one of the head tech's at Mitsubishi Australia and he was very reluctant to say weather or not it could be done. Basically he said it was too difficult without the proper settings and PLC program, and said that i should ask the machine tool builder if they have the setting etc..
Dyna of course have said that Mitsubishi should know how to fit and program the 4ths axis electronics..

It sounds to me like it can be done but i think finding someone who knows how to do it here in Australia will be very difficult.

So can anyone here help at all? Perhaps put me in touch with the right person that can explain how it's done, or even better anyone out there already done it?

Cheers
Leeroy