I am in the market for a mini / micro mill and am looking at the hrbor freight varieties as well as sherline and taig mill. Some of th ethings I have been comparing are:

Spindle Power - The Mini mill from HF is rated at around 3/4 hp or so. The others are significantly less. Does this matter that much? The Taig website boasts that the Taing mill can "hog" through 1/8" mild steel. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Table size. I actually like the dimensions of the Harbor frieght Micro Mill.

Travel. The Sherline and Taig are nice for my applications.

Spindle - Sherline and Taig can be had in the ER 16 the Mini Mill in R8. R8 would be nice as I have existing collets etc for a mill / drill in R8. RPM's are a little better on the Sherlines & Taigs. Sherline also has a fan base that has developed an automatic toolchanger. Big Turn on.

CNC Conversion - Minimill, Sherline and Taig have CNC ready options, full CNC or kits available for CNC . Not looking for a big project, want to use cnc soon.

Accessories - Sherline and Taig have a bunch. Minimill and Micromills have a strong fan base with Little machine Shop.Com.

So my application is gonnaa be 6061 aluuminum with circular work (want ballscrews) with some drilling. Part size limited to 3 1/2" x 8 1/2"

Can anyone make any suggestions as to speed and accuracy of each?

Thanks all

Dan