I just started getting the problem today and have had a look around the forums with no real results I can see, so any help most welcome.

I've been running the Powermax 45 on a CNC machine for about 6-7months from new with no problems and nothing has changed.

What happens is the torch comes down to the work touches off (OHMIC), raises to the stand off height, I hear a air solenoid operate and a short puff of air from the torch, then nothing and the second light from the left (torch cap sensor) flashes.

I instruct the machine to retry, the machine raises the torch etc, etc, touches off and the pilot fires and performs the cut most of the time. I changed the consumables, confirmed the air pressure, everything looks good. I have pushed the plunger on the base of the torch with the consumables out and it seems smooth and clean.

With the torch up from the work, I can tell the plasma to fire the pilot arc with my CNC software. It fails this way too. I can just retry every couple of seconds and it seems to eventually start the pilot and sustain it no problems.

Any pointers welcome or something i'm missing perhaps before I call Hypertherm.