I have one of the passive probes. The problem that I am having is that it is not switching on and off properly. Specifically, if I probe an edge using G38.2 and then jog back to clear the edge, sometimes the probe stays tripped. If I jiggle the end around by hand, I can get the switch to close, but it makes it unusable for automated probing.

I will confess that I had a bad crash involving a Z axis rapid plunge (don't ask, stupid mistake) with it recently that required a new tip. I'm not sure that eyeballing it would tell me whether there's any damage or not, but it looks OK. I took the probe apart and all the internals appeared ok and nothing was obviously bent. Prior to the crash, the probe was more reliable, though I was getting transient issues very similar to this. I blamed these on software misunderstanding, but wondering if it was actually the same issue just less extreme.

Other than calling Tormach (which I fear will result in them telling me I have to buy a new probe) is there anything else I can or should check first? This is getting a bit frustrating as I had a job which I really wanted the probe for and I just got the replacement stylus today only to have the thing basically not work at all....