Here's a strange one for all those engineer minded people,

I have a Clarke 7/100 compressor as it is nice and quiet but sadly it also generates a lot of air line water with the current weather.They also tend to "oil" the air due to the nature of the pumps they use (like fridge compressors) this gets to be a pain in the butt when everything starts getting water marked so does anybody have any idea on good air cleaning?

I've thought about an expansion bottle kept outside with maybe some kapok or similar in it, like a double threaded tube 3" in diam and about 10 inches long with a drain valve? or maybe one of those aero engine filters the model boys use?
The commercial filters / water traps like the in line bowl type are crap and the desiccant small in line ones for paint guns don't really man up enough to do the job.

I don't mind having something made if there is an easy way round it that doesn't involve me having to buy a refrigerant drier for around £1,000 that may not be needed in summer.

Hum random thought? what about using a chiller type system that chills the expansion tank to condense the water out?

any thoughts most welcome

cheers

Dave