Hello,

I have been through what I call holy hell for the past seven months! I manufacture parts from 6061 T6 and purchased a CNC Masters Machine. From day one the technical support is fantastic but the Baron XL I purchased does not stand up close to the support. The support is needed because the machine just will not hold up in any fashion! Buyers beware!

Just about every major part on this machine has failed starting from day one the limit switches failing, the draw bar falling apart and then shortly after the the processor. The machine cannot cut .125 without massive vibration.

After trying to give the machine every benefit of the doubt today after rebuilding the quill with bearings far superior to what the machine comes with the hand held remote, the limit switches and the processor have failed.

The machine will not stay trammed and the Gibbs continually become loose as well as many other parts on the machine. The technical support will keep you hoping for the machine to produce!

I have been looking at the Tormach machines but have seen some mixed issues and wonder if the machine will hold up and can cut parts with a good finish.
I am not ready for the cost of a Hass machine and really only mill one part although technical with allot of different drill operations. I have been using a Royal Quick change system as well as the R8 collects with all the best tooling.

Does anyone recommend the Tormach machines and for the money can you make quality parts with a good finish? I do not do more than six parts a day the size of a 3 ½” x 3 1/8”.
Has anyone run these machines and had minimal problems and not the nightmare I have been wasting the past seven months trying to simply manufacture small parts?
Thank you! I really need some help from the objective people that will tell all so I don’t end up in another endless pit!