587,104 active members*
4,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Help with 878oz Kit from Longs Motor?

Threaded View

Help with 878oz Kit from Longs Motor?

I have just tried my first bench test with the the 878oz Nema 34 kit from Longs Motor. This is for a cncrp style build, and I am new at this and my first cnc.

I got them to turn, but I cannot seem to get them to run smoothly even below 100ipm. I have them wired like the wiring instructions said, which would be the second diagram on the motor spec sheet.

It came with 2 48vdc power supplies, I have the x and a (slaved) wired to one, and the y and z wired to another.

I am trying to figure out what setting on the drivers to set the output current toand the microstep. They came set 7.8a and 51200 microstep. I changed the microstep to 2000 and current to 6.4.

The motors seem to jump and stop spinning. I set them at around 100ipm in mach and the y and z seem to be getting hot (even though I was not joging them for test), but the x and a are not.

I searched around and saw other threads on these, but it seems like noone ever replys with the settings they got to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files