The transformer cabinet is off the back now. I have the two big cabinets screwed together. I'm getting ready to start mounting a few things, but much todo has been made about noise in the past.

I want to plan my layout to minimize noise.

I suspect the VFDs (2 in this case) may generate a lot of noise so I figured they would go on the bottom cabinet with the disconnect 230 main disconnect.

What about the 60V and the 115 output transformers? They are both 60 hz, but still. So far the 115 transformer is only going to be used to drive the cooling fans. The 60V will feed into my big bridge rectifier. I don't see any reason they can't both go in the bottom cabinet with twisted pair going to the fans for the one and to the rectifier for the other.

What about the rectifier? Will it generate any real noise to worry about?

I have a couple other small power supplies that will be needed, but their power levels will be so low I highly doubt the will cause any significant noise levels.

What else do I need to worry about?

Obviously the cabinets themselves form a pretty good Faraday cage.

I'll have a Smoothstepper, C23 BOB, 80VDC power supply, 2 VFDs 2 transformers. Probably a 12VDC power supply and a 4VDC power supply. Step direction servo controllers. I figured to use twisted pair for everything to reduce noise except where it obviously doesn't matter like in a conduit from the box to the spindle motor, etc.

Should I shield the Smoothstepper from the servo controllers? I have boxes, Or I can easily place sheet metal shields inside the cabinets that reach to the door.

Or am I just worrying needlessly at this point.