I started building our 5x10 plasma table for our shop last week. we have a hypertherm 65 that it will be controlled with candcnc electronics. we're using 1018 CRS for the long axis and a hiwin 30mm rail for the short axis along with a k2cnc.com z axis for torch height control. we're also using cncrouterparts.com for the gear drives and their rack clamps. once the table is up and running it's going to be fully boxed in as a water table with the storage tank built in and controlled by air pressure to raise and lower the table.

the gantry design is pretty similar to the TM2 and the precision plasma piece. all of the brackets i drew up myself however to work with the different pieces we're getting from the different manufacturers. i figured why build the parts myself if there are already companies out there making them and selling them for a great price, like the K2 z axis and the cnc router parts gear drives. all of my brackets for the gantry were cut locally on a waterjet. Hopefully i'll have it up and running by the end of the week.

anyway, the pics, sorry they are crappy iphone pics. feel free to comment or ask questions