587,497 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Where is the wiring diagram (pin description)for the G100 ??

Where is the wiring diagram (pin description)for the G100 ??

Im trying to wire it up but not sure what some of the pins are. I have checked on the support page at geckdrive. I recieved no documentation with it or the 203V's I purchased.

Thanks.

That aint it...

Thanks Argo,
    but thats all to to with software/firmware. I need info on pin descriptions first. Most are self explanitory however some are not, ie- each axis has +5v and a GND. Are they inputs or outputs and must they be connected? Also not sure of CH-I , USB. Also would be nice to know the max-min voltages for the analog and digital IOs.
    Why is this not in the support page on their website I wonder. The documentation for the drivers was very helpful though.....

I agree the documentation is a little scarce and somewhat difficult to descipher.
    If you look at the document called "G-Rex Programming Manual.pfd" included in the above linked zip file you will find detailed descriptions of the pins.

For your purposes all you need to hook-up are the Direction and Step pins to your 203V's. The +5 and GND (directly connected to the G100 power supply) pins are only there for convenience, not required.