587,202 active members*
2,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Problem with Nowforever E100 VFD
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Problem with Nowforever E100 VFD

Hi,

I bought New Liyang 800W Water Cooling CNC 3040 Z s Milling ENGRAVER 2013 Hot Sell Item | eBay and are having problems running the spindle.
    I have run successfully just testing at low RPMS like 5000, but yesterday I tried running at more relevant 18000 RPM's and the following happended:
    Everything looked good at first, the spindle was spinning up OK. Then I noticed something smelled "hot" and the spindle stopped.
    The VFD showed errorcode E002, which according to the manual means "Power module fault" caused by one of:

- Acc/Dec time is too short.
    - Short-circuit on output side of inverter
    - Power module damaged
    - Exterior disturbances

When I try to run the spindle now, even at lower speeds which worked fine earlier, it starts to spin up but very soon stops with the same errorcode.
    I have tried increasing the Acc/Dec time, but no luck.
    Of cource what I am most worried about is that the VFD-controller broke, and I have to get a new one.

Any ideas/suggestions to try before I give up and order new controller?
    Any help appreciated.

..or maybe its the spindle, cant really be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nilsht View Post
    ..or maybe its the spindle, cant really be sure.
    You can try the VFD with the motor disconnected to ensure it is not the motor.
    Is it a Huanyang VFD? :violin:
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    You can try the VFD with the motor disconnected to ensure it is not the motor.
    Is it a Huanyang VFD? :violin:
    Al.
    Ill try that tomorrow, thanks.
    The VFD is a Nowforever E100 (cute name....)

nilsht

Was the VFD already set up, or did you have to do the settings, if it was already set up, you should contact the seller
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    nilsht

Was the VFD already set up, or did you have to do the settings, if it was already set up, you should contact the seller
    It was set up. I have contacted seller, but no reply so far....

So, finally tried the VFD without the motor connected, and it ran just fine.
    So I guess its a defect spindle then

nilsht

It still could have the wrong settings in the VFD for the spindle, both may be fine
    Mactec54

nilsht

It still could have the wrong settings in the VFD for the spindle, both may be fine
    I guess it could, but as I cant get it to work on any speeds anymore (it worked fine on lower speeds earlier), something must be broken.
    This is with unchanged settings.

nilsht

The problems that you are having are to do with the frequency settings, they always do & will run at the low RPM, the drive has not been set correct, check what the drive has for the lowest setting, if it is less than the spindle rating, then change this to what the spindle is rated for, 300Hz or may be 400Hz, what ever the max of your spindle is, this will get it running, if there is no damage been done

You may have damaged something running it with the incorrect settings, If it was only able to run before at low RPM then the settings in the VFD were incorrect, & should not of been run, unless the spindle could of reached it's max RPM
    Mactec54

nilsht

The problems that you are having are to do with the frequency settings, they always do & will run at the low RPM, the drive has not been set correct, check what the drive has for the lowest setting, if it is less than the spindle rating, then change this to what the spindle is rated for, 300Hz or may be 400Hz, what ever the max of your spindle is, this will get it running, if there is no damage been done

You may have damaged something running it with the incorrect settings, If it was only able to run before at low RPM then the settings in the VFD were incorrect, & should not of been run, unless the spindle could of reached it's max RPM
    It has been run with correct settings (400Hz) at all times.

Do you have a link or a pdf copy of the manual?
    If you happen to have a standard 1hp 3ph 4 pole induction motor handy you could make a note of the parameters and reset it to factory default and test the VFD on that motor.
    The critical issue with VFD's is exceeding the current and usually there is a built in prevention of exceeding Imax.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Do you have a link or a pdf copy of the manual?
    If you happen to have a standard 1hp 3ph 4 pole induction motor handy you could make a note of the parameters and reset it to factory default and test the VFD on that motor.
    The critical issue with VFD's is exceeding the current and usually there is a built in prevention of exceeding Imax.
    Al.
    I believe (cant be completely sure) this is the spindle: High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc
    Ive attached the manual for the VFD.
    Im afraid I dont have any other motor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nilsht

What do you have the base frequency set to 50Hz & the max at 400Hz
    Mactec54

nilsht

Check the settings in the first level menu

Setting Frequency ??

Output Frequency ??

Output Current ??

Output Voltage ??

Tell us what numbers there are on these 4 lines

Also play the video they tell you how to set the VFD, it is very simple to do
    Mactec54

nilsht

Setting Frequency ??

Output Frequency ??

Output Current ??

Output Voltage ??

Tell us what numbers there are on these 4 lines

Also play the video they tell you how to set the VFD, it is very simple to do
    Yes, it would have been simple if my VFD had the same settings as in the video
    Seller claims that VFD has been set correctly, and I cant see any obvious faults.
    Ill doublecheck (again) all settings this evening.

nilsht

Setting Frequency ??

I think you will find this, the very first setting to have the wrong number, if it has the right number, then you most likely have a problem some were else
    Mactec54

nilsht

Setting Frequency ??

I think you will find this, the very first setting to have the wrong number, if it has the right number, then you most likely have a problem some were else
    P0-007 "Upper Limit Frequency" is set and have always been set to 400Hz from manufacturer, and this matches the spindle

Quote Originally Posted by nilsht View Post
    P0-007 "Upper Limit Frequency" is set and have always been set to 400Hz from manufacturer, and this matches the spindle
    That is not what I was asking you, what is the low limit set to P0-008, this is the setting that is the most important
    Mactec54

That is not what I was asking you, what is the low limit set to P0-008, this is the setting that is the most important
    The low limit P0-008 is set to 0

Page 1 of 2 12