587,475 active members*
3,710 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Floor Machine, 37 x 24 cut area

Aloha All,
    Yes I live in Hawaii, don't worry I'm not rich.
    I have been reading in this Zone for a few years and have built a cnc hotwire, it turned out nice and acurate, all steel.
    Now I have built a router table and would like to share my ideas and ask some questions too.
    After seeing the idea for using 2 3/8" galvanized corner fence post as rails, I remembered a pile of galvanized sign posts at work back in the weeds from early construction of the place, so I looked again and they were 2" sq. w/ 3/8 holes every 1" x 10ft. I asked our construction department about them and the answer was there are some stop signs there too and if you haul them you can have them, so I did, the stop signs are new 1/8 aluminum plate 3 of them, wow and 10 posts, double wow.
    I had some galvanized unistrut from a cleanup of another time and went out to purchace the fence posts.
    Out came the welder, the chop saw, and the grinder, and the drill press, and on and on.
    I used skate bearings in a trianguler pattern around the post at each end of the trucks. 6" trucks for the Z, 12" trucks for the X, and 24" trucks for the Y. I'm building a fixed gantry moving table.
    I'll try to figure out how to upload some pics here from my cell phone and add some more soon,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GetAttachment.aspx1.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx5.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx6.jpeg  

GetAttachment.aspx7.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx14.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx15.jpeg   GetAttachment.aspx20.jpeg