587,434 active members*
3,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

C-Axis Problem HT20S2

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Hitachi Seiki HT20S2 with LX3 controller.

When im pressing the C-Axis key to engage the Spindle with the C-Axis, The Spindle is turning to its zero point but then starts to vibrate. The engaging process is not being started.
    Hope someone can help me with this. Because I bought the Lathe yesterday and cant use it now.

Regards,

J_love

could be a couple of things. need to check the parameters and make sure they are correct. could also adjust the gains on the drive amp to smooth it out. and finally could be a prox switch or drive belt issue, if yours is a belt drive. I would start with the prox switch and belt myself. not much in that system really. the prox switch is a magnetic style needs to be set within 20mm of the read head. you are better of at around 15 though.

good luck!!!

thanks for the reply,

I have a magnetic sensor for positioning the spindle. Tried to adjust the gain potis but didnt help. We replaced the board for the magnetic positioning and now its working.

But I have another question. There are some optional funktions that need to be enabled somehow for programming.

If Im trying to Program G01 X... A... im getting an error No.020
    This means i cant program any degrees in the G01 command. It is stated in the programming manual that this is optional. So is there a way to enable these funktions?

Hey J_love

I have Ht20sii Yasnac Lx3 control with a c axis, Vdi turret and live tooling, sounds like it’s similar to yours!
    Would you be able to send me some params? I got the lathe with dead batteries and no params, and it’s been quite the work around getting it up and going.
    I was given some but the optional params #6039 - #6049 don’t seem to correct, and I believe that’s what I need to get my C axis working again.

Quote Originally Posted by j_love View Post
    thanks for the reply,

I have a magnetic sensor for positioning the spindle. Tried to adjust the gain potis but didnt help. We replaced the board for the magnetic positioning and now its working.

But I have another question. There are some optional funktions that need to be enabled somehow for programming.

If Im trying to Program G01 X... A... im getting an error No.020
    This means i cant program any degrees in the G01 command. It is stated in the programming manual that this is optional. So is there a way to enable these funktions?