587,132 active members*
3,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Kflop with Mitsubishi Servomotors and M-DRO Optical Linear

Kflop with Mitsubishi Servomotors and M-DRO Optical Linear

Hello,

I would like to build my CNC and need your help. I have no practitioner expertise with kflop. What you think, works Kflop with:

1. Mitsubishi Drivers MR-J3-10A
    2. Mitsubishi Servomotors HF-KP13B 100W
    3. Optical Linear Encoder 1um Resolution

GS500-170 SlimGlass Scale - 170mm Reading Length - 1 micron resolution

thank you very much in advance

Re: Kflop with Mitsubishi Servomotors and M-DRO Optical Linear

Hello brshatcher,

That should be possible. I suggest using our KFLOP+Kanalog and driving with analog +/-10V signals in Velocity mode. That should help stabilize the control loop as there would be velocity feedback from the motor shafts within the drives.
    Dynomotion Motion Control Boards for CNC Manufacturing and Robotics Applications

Those encoders appear to only have TTL (single ended outputs). I'd suggest adding differential line drivers to reduce noise susceptibility. See also:
    Dynomotion Motion Control Boards for CNC Manufacturing and Robotics Applications

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hello brshatcher,

That should be possible. I suggest using our KFLOP+Kanalog and driving with analog +/-10V signals in Velocity mode. That should help stabilize the control loop as there would be velocity feedback from the motor shafts within the drives.

Those encoders appear to only have TTL (single ended outputs). I'd suggest adding differential line drivers to reduce noise susceptibility. See also:

HTH
    Regards

Thank you. We have decided to build our CNC without Optical Linear Encoder. We need Kflop + Kanalog? oder only Kflop is OK? Thank you very much

Hello brshatcher,

If you want to run the drives in position mode and don't need the extra I/O or Differential encoder inputs that Kanalog provides for feedback then KFLOP alone should work.

I used Google and found this 670 page manual for your drives.
    http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/.../sh030038l.pdf

It appears they accept CW and CCW step pulses (see page 94 they call it positive and negative pulses) up to 1 MHz that KFLOP can provide. See:
    Step and Direction Setup

They expect a differential line driver but KFLOP's 3.3V LVTTL Pulses should work. Page 110 indicates that a Voh level of 2.5V is required.

The drive has 262144 pulses per rev and can accept a pulse rate of only 1MHz which would only be about 250 RPM. But there is and electronic gearing feature in the drive that should allow higher speed.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hello brshatcher,

If you want to run the drives in position mode and don't need the extra I/O or Differential encoder inputs that Kanalog provides for feedback then KFLOP alone should work.

I used Google and found this 670 page manual for your drives.
    http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/.../sh030038l.pdf

It appears they accept CW and CCW step pulses (see page 94 they call it positive and negative pulses) up to 1 MHz that KFLOP can provide. See:
    Step and Direction Setup

They expect a differential line driver but KFLOP's 3.3V LVTTL Pulses should work. Page 110 indicates that a Voh level of 2.5V is required.

The drive has 262144 pulses per rev and can accept a pulse rate of only 1MHz which would only be about 250 RPM. But there is and electronic gearing feature in the drive that should allow higher speed.

HTH
    Regards
    thank you very much. What about connection with +-10V? Can you help us?

Hello brshatcher,

To use the +/- 10V analog interface to your drives you would use KFLOP + Kanalog. The rotary encoder feedback would be connected to Kanalog's differential encoder inputs.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Thank you, Can you stop shipping of our order (to Stuttgart)? We have paid for Kflop and would like to have a Kanalog.