587,751 active members*
2,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > VMC - Need help to crack the VMC panel

VMC - Need help to crack the VMC panel

Hi,

It will be great if someone can help me to figure out the following buttons. They are from the machine manufacturer side of an old Japanese Roku Roku VMC with a Fanuc 11M controller.
    MR4, SRN, KEY, MRX, MRY, OBS, AFL. I think I have worked out some others - ZRN - Zero Return, ABS - Absolute/Manual, SBK - Single block, DRN - Dry Run, ZNG - Z Feed Neglect, MLK - Machine Lock, OSP - Optional stop – but I could be wrong. Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Sixtysix

Re: VMC - Need help to crack the VMC panel

I would guess:

MRX - Mirror X
    MRY - Mirror Y
    MR4 - Mirror 4th

SRN - Second Zero Return???

Re: VMC - Need help to crack the VMC panel

Hi dcoupar,

thanks for your guesses. It interesting that I posted the same query on another forum and he knew all the other ones apart from MRX, MRY and MR4. About SRN quote SRN Sequence Return. Supposedly a method to allow restarts in the middle of a program. Use with caution as results are typically not consistent IME. unquote this guy really knows his onions, right? Ill run your guesses past the other gent and let you know if he concurs. Im too ignorant myself at this stage as you can see.