587,518 active members*
3,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What should i do?

I've request some parts to Ron, his username is "MOTOXFAMIL". In begining parts were done quickly, but with some error. He forgot to drill 4 holes on one of the aluminum bar. I email him and he said he's going to send me a drilling guide so i can do it myself, i was like O.K. just 4 holes not that hard to do with a drilling guide. Than he offers me free parts for coming parts.

Later on i requested 2 more parts so he could send them along with the drilling guide. Here is the problem begins, on Aug. 15 he received the minerials for the parts. I kept sending email to check on the status, he finialy reply on Sep. 7. He told me he was on vacation with his kids and will work on the parts soon. Again couple days later i emailed him, than i was told "We have been working 12-14 hour days trying to get caught up at work. I will get them the first break we get. Sorry for the delay". I told him its ok, i'll wait little longer, but until this day i haven't received the parts. now he's not replying my emails, i called him up 2 weeks ago he said "I will work on it this weekend". Here 2 weeks later nothing is done.

Now i don't know what to do. Please advise. should i wait or ask for refund.

unfortunatley small jobs always get put on the backburner for larger more important companies. When I run into this in my shop, I try to be upfront and honest when things will get done and always give them a chance to have someone else do it if I can't do them in their time frame. Just tell him you need them done now so no hard feelings but smeone else has to do them.

Absolutely, If you need the parts right away and can't wait any longer then
    he should rush them for you or understand that you can't wait.Tell him you will still use him in the future but for this job it's got to go to another shop.
    If he is even a little professional then this situation can be easily corrected.

"received the minerials for the parts" - as a side note I love the use of the word minerials. Does this describe cash or material?

What you should do is send your jobs over to me I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with those jobs..

-garrett

Quote Originally Posted by MBG
    What you should do is send your jobs over to me I would be MORE THAN HAPPY with those jobs..

-garrett
    I'll call him up tomorrow see if he's welling to ship the aluminum to you. PM me your address please.

thank you

I would also love the work, feel free to email me as well.-Dave 612-432-8853

lowest bidder ? hehe

well... that is too bad, communication is everything and the shop should have communicated with you first about the delay... in my opinion.
    send me the file... as i do not know what parts you are talking about and ill see if i can help you out.

[email protected]

thanks
    Phil

I pmed you.

Definately send it to another supplier- people here will be more than happy to fulfil your requirements. You should however tell your original supplier that you have no hard feelings and that you understand he may be overloaded so sending your job somewhere else will help you both. That way, if you use him in the future he'll feel like he owes you a favour although I would be hesitant to use a supplier who performed so poorly.

after more waiting, he dicided to give me a refund. Anyone here willing to take the job, please email me at [email protected]. and please let me know which format you need the file to be in. The parts were done in solidworks.

I still haven't received my refund. this guy is a scammer, i don't think i ever going to get my money back. I hope everyone here stay way from him.

Here is a part i needs to be done. I need it in aluminum 1/2" or 3/4". The holes are 1/4". everything is in mm
    Attached Files Attached Files

he forgot to put in 4 of 13 holes???? Hmmmmm

To reiterate Sendkeys sentiments "Lowest bidder"
    forgetting holes in that part is inexcusable
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Hey at least he didnt put them in the wrong place right?? be an optimist!! Laffing
    General Machinist / CNC contract Instructor

These types of situations are probably always going to exist.

All of us machine shops do more difficult work than the mechanic who touches our cars for $60/hr, yet we're all out to cut each other's throat and bid lower than the next guy. It's totally pathetic. I lost a job today which is very typical anymore. With raw material and powder coating, I had $13 a piece tied up. Then I added my paltry 22 minutes machining time and I offered my customer $34 each for 50 pieces. He tells me I'm "really high" because some shmuck offered him a price of $10 each. Of course, I can make parts in 3 weeks but shmuckshop needs 8 weeks for his bargain bin pricing. Don't misunderstand me, all shops are not like this but there are enough shmucks out there to piss me off on a weekly basis.

End rant.