587,485 active members*
3,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > J310 W/Dynapath Delta 10 will not reference...

J310 W/Dynapath Delta 10 will not reference...

Controller boots fine and after I clear e-stop and axes not referenced faults I can jog X,Y and Z in all speeds. I also see and measure position numbers that coincide with table and quill movement. However, When I try to reference the axis I get servo errors and limit errors for Y and Z. The X axis "appears" to reference successfully but I'm not sure... I get no faults but the position display shows the table at +13" when in fact the table did not move at all.

I have checked the hard limit switches and all are working. I have also checked the soft limit values in the second setup page. I tried putting large numbers into the soft limits but software on my machine prevents this.

Any ideas as to how I might solve this ?

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: J310 W/Dynapath Delta 10 will not reference...

Odd perhaps but I feel compelled to reply to my own question because these forums have been such a help to me. I solved the reference problem on my J310 today by using the parameter reset switch on the dynapath controller. Another poster to this forum had mentioned a "toggle switch" that would allow one to check on backlash compensation values and that these values, if found to be WAY out of range, could prevent successful reference. On my controller the toggle switch was more like a hard reset button that appears to have forced the controller to reset to factory presets. After the reset, a number of values for HOME and axis LIMITS had changes and I was able to reference the machine as per the standard directions in the manual. The HOME procedure also works as per the standard "shutdown" procedure.

Mike