587,517 active members*
3,463 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > RPM range not linear on G0704 with C6 board??

RPM range not linear on G0704 with C6 board??

I have a C11 board from CNC4PC. I am using the "C6" portion of he board to control spindle on/off, cw/ccw and RPM. My machine is all stock other than converting it to CNC. I am using Mach 3 also.

I measure the voltage across the pot and got 6.93volts, I set my c6 out to 6.93 volts at 1125 RPM (max in low gear).

When I call for an M3 S1125 is get 1125 RPM. If I call for a M3 S500 its closer to 400 RPM. I have tried everything I know to make this more linear

Right now I am hooking it up via the F- and P2 connectors. I tried using it to directly replace the POT using P1 and P2 but the motor just pulsates and will not run at a constant RPM at all. I was hoping to hook it up via the P1/P2 so that I could use the max/min pots to adjust the actual RPM but it won't run there for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated. This is the last step I need to overcome before I start running parts.

Thanks

Re: RPM range not linear on G0704 with C6 board??

What is the speed you have configured on the pulley selected? It should be 1125rpm if that is your maximum. Did you delete the previous linearity.dat file? As I understand it, Mach may not be accurate in all rpm ranges.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Re: RPM range not linear on G0704 with C6 board??

I went through this on my machine. The C6 doesn't have a way to adjust the low end of the RPM range. I made up an op-amp circuit and put it in between the C6 and my motor controller.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...ml#post1524174

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...sign-help.html