587,853 active members*
3,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Hello New to the FORUM, Couple Simple questions, a bit about me!

Hello New to the FORUM, Couple Simple questions, a bit about me!

Hello

my name is Anatoliy, people call me RushMore, I own an IT consulting company, and also a high end Workstation/Gaming computer building business, i modify computer cases, pretty much build one of a kind computers.

As far as i can remember i have always wanted to have a laser machine, because i was always learning in Solidworks and designing cool cases, and always i could make my designs.

so a couple of month ago i decided to take the plunge and decided to purchase a cheap laser and improve it a little bit so i can figure out if its something i could do and do good at it.

i have a vast knowledge of how electronics work, but i had no clue about anything LASER.

so i think this thread im not going to go into detail but all i can say, is I DID, i might as well of built a custom laser but i have improved a laser by tons, and can say through the process became very knowledgeable

so my question is would in this subsection i be able to post my buildlog ?

Welcome RushMoreMods.

I would think many readers of this forum would enjoy seeing a build report on your approach to building your own laser machine.

Since there is no separate topic section for DIY Builds, this would be as good as any to show off your work.

Be sure and take lots of pictures of your machine and setup, so we might visualize what your are telling us.

Add lots of details as to what your decision path was like, what components you chose and why.

I suggest you use a title like My DIY xxxxx Laser Build Log. That will highlight your post as different from all of the rest.

Looking forward to see what you have done