587,513 active members*
2,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Gerber system 48plus

Hi all! I'm hoping someone out can seriously help, cause if I can get this cnc running I'll have a nice job!
    I spoke with a guy that runs sign company and has an old Gerber speciality products machine. Told me he spent 3500$ several years ago on an only made 7000$ before the thing had a problem. It has a new tool in it but when it is time for it to relocate to a different position of the work piece in stead of retracting from the material it only comes out part of the way thus cutting a line from the end point to the start of the next cut. Now I haven't seen what it's doing yet thou I may have a chance to tomorrow. Other wise the machine works fine. Thou it is old.

As far as I can tell is the software is Artpath Omega 6.2.1.6 - 3D.

I'm wondering if Mach 3 could run it?

I'll tell y'all I've never run a cnc before but I understand the concept and I can draw 3D in cad it's just been a few years.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. This would be a job I'd look forward to getting up and going to everyday. Hope one of you have the time to help.

Thx! Gregory

WOW Thought i would have got some kinda answer by now. Bummer!

Well if anything I would like to know how I can manually operate the machine so I can test the cut depth without the tool running. The machines original tool has been replaced and may have not been set to the proper height. So all I can assume is that the controls on the side of the machine allow for manual operation.

Didn't have a chance to look at it yesterday but hope to today, the guy I needed to take to was in a meeting all day.

Anyways I built a cnc from wood from the plans I got online and that's what kinda got me in the door with this company. So any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks again
    Greg

Well for what it worth the operator interface is called ARC Station (Advantage Router controller). I spoke with Gerber and they said it may be a Dimensions 200 but not for sure. I still haven't found the Name Plate but hope to find it tomorrow.