587,374 active members*
3,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > What type of cutter to use for engraving zinc?

What type of cutter to use for engraving zinc?

s

wklaserliu Guest

laser cutter for engraving Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by katem View Post
    s
    HI Katem,

Dear if you engrave a layer of zinc cover on other materials, then normal co2 laser engraving machine is ok .we use our machine engrave metal (one layer metal cover on other materials is ok )

Ok, hope this could help you .

Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser

[email protected]

The cutter will depend on the size of the characters you want to engrave, how big are they and possibly what font?

I do get fed up with spam messages trying to sell something you haven't asked for - since when did a laser use a cutter

wklaserliu Guest

laser engraving machine

Quote Originally Posted by Gliderask21 View Post
    The cutter will depend on the size of the characters you want to engrave, how big are they and possibly what font?

I do get fed up with spam messages trying to sell something you haven't asked for - since when did a laser use a cutter
    HI Gliderask ,

Nice to meet you

Your are right by saying The cutter will depend on the size of the characters you want to engrave,so i give web here for information and we both hope to help Katem find right machine ,so meaningless you said "" spam message ""

Also you could also visit our web if you have interest ,welcome !!

Ok good day !

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Gliderask21 View Post

Thanks for the response. We are engraving zinc dies for embossing seals using a Xenetech XOT 1313. Letters are about 4mm high and I'm not sure what the font is. I've been told to use High speed steel (HSS) cutters because HSS is more resilient than carbide used in most cutters and is good for the cuts required on embossing deal dies. I've been having trouble finding a good vendor of these types of cutters.

We have a cutter originally purchased from Artisan Engraving (recently acquired by Johnson's Plastics) and it works beautifully. It is a 11/64" x 6.5", half-round cutter with a .020 tip. Originally, it was labeled FLX but when we sent it to Artisan for resharpening, they sent it back labeled MTL. I don't think it is carbide, it seems heavier, darker and more matte than carbide cutters we've ordered.

The old cutter works great, do the same exact thing with any of the new cutters we've ordered and results are mixed but generally poor: not deep enough, ragged cuts etc.

The person who does the engraving does not use lubricant of any kind when cutting. I wonder if this is part of the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Kate

Believe it or not, I have actually used a number 1 center drill to engrave with. Granted it was on aluminum and fairly fine engraving, but it work well for my products.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Marking on Metals

Hi
    Is Gravograph LS600XL of 60 watt. and written on laser tube can go upto 80 watt. can mark on metals ? If yes what are the best setting.
    Thanks.

Special if you engrave a part of zinc oxide protect on other components, then regular co2 laser device inscribing device is ok .we use our device engrave steel (one part steel protect on other components is ok ) . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    http://www.surfersrentacar.com.au/

Hi
    My Gravograph LS600XL of 60 watt after finishing the job don't return to its home position. Any help please ?