587,869 active members*
3,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > DOOSAN MX 2500LT CHUCKING

DOOSAN MX 2500LT CHUCKING

hey this has got to be a simple fix.

controller fanuc 18i

single chucker

we got a Grippex bar puller mounted to the lower turret and want to open the chuck, bring up the grippex pull bar out, and reclose the chuck

problem is we open the chuck and get chuck prox errors (2034)

which locks down the machine with the error code

i went and changed the parameter 7.6 to not use the prox switches and still get the same error.

I have tried m31 (left chucking interlock bypass)

I have also tried m75 (error detect off)

What the hell is causing me to alarm out.

Humdidum

You need to move the proximity switches into right position, so it doesn't give any alarms when you open the chuck+when you clamp the piece, however it should give you an alarm when you close the chuck without a piece.

The switches are located "behind" the chuck, usually outside the normal working area. On your machine you should open the panel on the left side of machine, behind that you should find two similar of these babies mounted(small picture below)

http://www.cncgalore.com/image/cache...nc-228x228.jpg

You just loose the two bolts on each plates and move them by hand, there should be two of these, one for each position. Those M codes that help to skip these are mostly for when working with robots i think, like we do, we have main door open and need to give code to bybass opening chuck while door is open etc.

When your testing your proximity switch positions, close position with your part, and open position without, keep close eye on alarm led. It might give you an alarm just for a short period of time, you'll notice this when you clamp your piece and keep eye on chuck led/alarm led, the alarm led might beep red for a second, and the chuck led should go from green->blank->green, which signals that your switches are wrongly positioned. If the alarm just beeps, aka ->good->alarm->good, it doesnt leave any messages to screen on our machines atleast.

There should be explanation about these in your manuals also. Uh oh, hopefully this made some sense, even if we spoke of same thing, dunno kinda sleepy 2am

Check timer TM4. This sets time for chuck clamped.

problem has been fixed

fixed the problem, the proxy sensors were correctly set, since many of these mx2500's were dual checkers, they have a keep relay for the right chuck for the proxy sensors. here this keep relay was setting the alarm off the entire time I have worked here and thought it was normal. keep relay bit 7.7