587,466 active members*
3,086 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Coolant Choices - Rustlic or Others?

Coolant Choices - Rustlic or Others?

I've been using Rustlic only because that's what a friend of mine uses on his Haas machines, and a little bit of concentrate goes a long way in a fogbuster.

The main reason I'm asking is because when it dries, it seems a bit "sticky".

I'm just wondering if there is a better choice, or if anyone has had issues with Rustlic with their Tormach?

Wade

For a FogBuster, KoolMist works wonderfully, and leaves no residue whatsoever. A gallon of concentrate, costing about $23, will last literally years.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    For a FogBuster, KoolMist works wonderfully, and leaves no residue whatsoever. A gallon of concentrate, costing about $23, will last literally years.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    What mix ratio do you use with your FogBuster and KoolMist coolant? I built a Fogbuster a couple months back but have not got around to ordering coolant. I was thinking of buying a jug of olive oil but your idea sounds more likely to succeed.

Thanks,
    Robert

I just mix 32:1, as recommended on the bottle. Some people go slightly higher concentration, but I never saw the need. 32:1 seems to be enough to be effective as a corrosion inhibitor, so I need no benefit to using more.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I just ordered a gallon of it from a local distributor.

Wade

Ditto on the thanks....

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    I've been using Rustlic only because that's what a friend of mine uses on his Haas machines, and a little bit of concentrate goes a long way in a fogbuster.

The main reason I'm asking is because when it dries, it seems a bit "sticky".

I'm just wondering if there is a better choice, or if anyone has had issues with Rustlic with their Tormach?

Wade
    I do contract programming for a shop that used Rustlic products for a long time. I have used Blazocut 2000 in my machines since about 1993.

When I got to the shop to do some contracting, the owner told me about some skin irritation his operator was experiencing and when I looked at the slimy film that was left on the machine by Rustlic produce, I told him that could be the cause. He asked what I reccomended and I told him what I use so he bought some and the kids irritation cleared up within a couple of weeks.

I use ONLY coolist products in my FogBuster. I tried the Blazers when I first started using FogBuster, but the parafin in the cooland just plugged up the orifices.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.