587,829 active members*
2,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help to cut parts for my DIY CNC router

Hi all,

I am about to commence construction of my DIY CNC router, am looking for assistance from anyone around my area with a cnc router to help me cut parts. I also will need to fabricate some machined aluminium components such as the router clamp and ballnut mounts so shout out if you can help.

I don't expect your time for free but this is also just a hobby for me so I am trying to work with hobbyists and DIYérs before going down the commercial route. I'm located in Melbourne, SE suburbs, Australia

I've attached an image of my design as it stands, probably need another week or two to finalise the gantry and bed and would like to start construction shortly after. It's inspired by Joes 2006 design but I've designed mine around the eBay sourced ballscrews and linear rails. The cutting area will be approximately 525x950 with 200mm travel on the z axis.

Cheers
    Anthony

Hi
    I have a cnc router that I can mill some parts for you, but I have a company that does milling and anodising that I can get a quote for you, just let me know. Email me at atackchris at gmail dot com with the drawings and I will see what prices I can come up with for you.
    Thanks
    Chris

Thanks Chris,

Email on its way.

Cheers
    Anthony

Hi guys,

I'm just starting my DIY build in Brisbane but have yet to decide on the router / spindle to use and am also in need of some aluminium fabrication.

I'm using 40x80 Bosch extrusion everywhere, 500oz steppers, G540 Gecko. I intend to mill at least wood and aluminium and am having a hard time deciding between a chinese spindle and a normal wood working router with Superpid and the lead to use on the ball screws. Any advice would be appreciated.

The aluminium I need fabricated is:
    • Gantry risers - probably 20mm thick
    • plate to connect KR46 to linear slide blocks
    • plate between KR46 and router mount
    • NEMA 24 motor mount bracket for KR46 actuator - the actuator is exposed at the shaft rather than the standard housing normally seen

I'd appreciate any comments regarding the above, and the names of any people you'd recommend for aluminium fabrication.

Cheers,

Daniel.