587,383 active members*
3,816 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SMART controller Connectivity

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me the procedure for connecting the windows-less mazak smart system to a PC via rj45 for the sole purpose of transferring programs.
    any information will be greatly appreciated, as so far my usually successful "Google" searches are coming up empty....

Re: SMART controller Connectivity

Can't be done. USB drive can move them. Looks like your posting in every forum you can find. Ever think of calling Mazak?

Thanks mrmazak, sorry I can't remember ever posting this question anywhere else? If its easier to contact mazak I will, just thought I could just as easily get friendly advice from here!
    2 of the 3 mazak smarts on our turning section don't have usb connectivity as far as I am aware... Only Ethernet at the rear of the machine and compact flash at the front, thanks for your reply !

Network program transfer is an optional item. Most machines have the port installed but it connects to nothing. That said, it is possible to network transfer programs with the option but you will still need special software to do it. Matrix controls have a slot in the cabinet for a wireless network card. Not sure about Smart controls.

Thank you very much, I have connected one off the machines and the machine did show on the PC in the network page, if that's any help! I think I may get on the phone to mazak and let you know on my findings incase anyone else wished to know!

mrmazak i have just realised what you meant by posting in every forum, ive continued to search the web for answers and have noticed this entire thread is available in different forums!

We have 1 mazak with a smart control. You need to look in the book or mazak can help you. There is a parameter that needs to be changed and when you change it it opens uo another menu soft key where you can go to key in the ip address and ir gateway address if on a network. We have this working and we do not have the either net running option on the machine. P.s. we have all of our machines connected and we run the mazak cyber suite of products.

Mr_MRC

murrayclair you are correct, i have opened up the softkey option via the parameters, just need to look in to software to transfer programs, is there any other software other than the mazak cyber software? only as id like to do this on a budget at the moment to prove its worth investment

After you have it open you can set the IP address and store and load files without any software.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

thank you murrayclair i will persevere... once the IP address is set. Will i have to set a directory at the machine before program transfer? not sure how the machine will know where to find the programs! sorry if i sound dense!

I cant remember the name that you MUST call the directory on your computer. It is in the book. I will check ours on Monday.

Sorry the name is only used for the card.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401677173013.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	238280