587,404 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 can I put out g41 g42?

V23 can I put out g41 g42?

Hi, If I want to mill a pocket or profile I would like to use my D offset to make small adjustments to the size of the pocket or profile, how can I use g41 42 in my post. At the moment I leave .01" on the sides then measure, go back to my desktop re edit my profile to remove the correct amount of stock to the right size, re post, load back in the machine and run again.
    Ray.

Hi Ray,

I just replied to this in the BobCad forum also. You would output the Machine comp code (the toolpath is not modified, as it would be with system comp) then do your cut and measure, then set your machine offset value and cut again.

This would save the re-edit of the geometry and re-toolpathing.

Hi Burrman, When I post it doesn't put out g41 g42 in the program so how can I use my D offset?
    ray.
    P.S. can't find my way around the new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dresda View Post
    Hi Burrman, When I post it doesn't put out g41 g42 in the program so how can I use my D offset?
    You have to choose a leadin\out other than vertical for the Machine offsets to post out.

P.S. can't find my way around the new forum
    I found you here!!!!!!!!

I'll try that, thanks.
    ray.

So I see g41 g42 when editing the profiling but don't see it when pocketing a circle, should I pocket and leave material on the side then profile to finish?
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by dresda View Post
    So I see g41 g42 when editing the profiling but don't see it when pocketing a circle, should I pocket and leave material on the side then profile to finish?
    Ray
    I always use profile to finish my pockets with a circular lead-in and out and a small amount of overlap.

Pockets and Tool comp...

If I'm understanding correctly from my short experience with BobCAD v23, The only way to do a 'wide' pocket type feature on a part and have tool comp is to first pick a tool to rough the pocket leaving material on sides and finish the floor with it... Then, next generate a Profile feature using tool comp.

If this is true, then It sure would be nice if BobCAD had a pocket feature that included a tool comp finish option... 1 selection of geometry, rough & tool comp finish. BobCAD software programmer --->(chair)

V24 added this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v24_pocket.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	142853