587,613 active members*
3,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > If i dont press "Reset" bottom at End, my stepper motors becoming really HOT

Exclamation If i dont press "Reset" bottom at End, my stepper motors becoming really HOT

Hello

I'm new and made my hubby CNC machine just week ago. yesterday i found problem about my machine.
    I started my project and went somewhere and that took more than one hour, when i came back seen my project ended and Stepper Motors became Really hot. I pressed "Reset" bottom and after 10mins my motors became cool. now i have technical question :
    - IS IT NORMAL if you don't press "Reset" bottom already after ending works, stepper motors becoming HOT?
    - Is any way to solving this problem?
    you can see my electrical machines specification at here (where i bought that)
    Link

Thanks for reading

P.S. Sorry about my bad English

Stepper motors use the most power when idle (not running). To keep the holding torque.. That's why they get hot.

Servos on the other hand use no power when idle unless there is a force on them (like Z axis weight pulling down for example).
    Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html

oh, GOOD NOTICE
    thanks for answering.

Hi

if you take a look at this link :--

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...y_chinese.html

you will see there is a problem with the circuit that should reduce the idle motor current

depending on your torque setting ,it increases the motor current when it should reduce it !!!

John

PS reading your question again
    when you press reset ,the clock signal must be changing state so the current reduction circuit works