587,491 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Siemens 810T control problems!

Hi all,

I have a Hardinge CHNC1 with a Siemens 810T control. The machine is new to me and I need to get it up and running.

The commissioning data was accidentally dumped. I have that data and it is ready to load, but each time I try, the control locks up.

In trying to upload the commissioning data, each time I hit the "DATA IN" button as in step 13 of the instructions, the control locks up. No buttons work after that. Only thing that can be done is turn the control off and restart. And, of course it will lock up again at the same place.

I also found that if I go straight to "DATA IN/OUT" when I first turn it on it will lock up right there too when either button is pushed. Data in or data out buttons both lock it up any time they are pushed.

Anyone have any idea what this can be? What board could be the issue?

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Have you got the instructions for doing a cold restart?
    Have you got Pcin?

Quote Originally Posted by gridley51 View Post
    Have you got the instructions for doing a cold restart?
    Have you got Pcin?
    Sorry to be so long getting back. Thought I had someone to repair it, but not yet.

No, I have no instructions for a cold restart. I have the recommissioning programs, but as mentioned previously it freezes at "Data In." Do you know if the data can be hand entered?

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post

No, I have no instructions for a cold restart. I have the recommissioning programs, but as mentioned previously it freezes at "Data In." Do you know if the data can be hand entered?

Mike

I suppose you can enter stuff by hand,I`ve never looked at that,imagine it would be a very long job.
    We do it with a laptop but it could just as easily be done with a desktop.
    If you PM me your email I will type up a sheet for you.
    Does the commissioning data have plc programme and machine parameters?

Hi All,

I thought that I would let everyone know that my lathe is back in operation. The software was just corrupt to begin with and reloading it all got the job done.

The issue was probably caused by a bad switch though. It seems that the secondary E-Stop switch was bad and much of the time not making contact. So you could never clear alarms. So they started playing with the control and such and messed up the software.

I have ordered that switch and a couple of others that look not so good, but in the meantime I disassembled the E-Stop switch and cleaned and reinstalled it.

The lathe itself is absolutely sweet. Spindle is totally quiet and both axis' are tight and quiet. Also found out that the drives were replace with A/C drives, a $10,000 upgrade!

I replaced the seals in the turret and in the collet changer while waiting and they are perfect. It did have a bad valve/seal holder in the collet closer and I made a new one for it. Now perfect!

Thanks for all of the assistance from the forum. I now have spare boards if anyone needs to trouble shoot parts.

Good luck to all.

Mike