587,879 active members*
3,732 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam v9 solids tutorial book

mastercam v9 solids tutorial book

i purchased the book on ebay. the book is for v9 which i do not have. when i purchased the book i figured not a lot has changed for solids since v9. what i did not know is that to do the tutorials in the book you need files that mastercam v9 installs in the folder: mcam9\tutorials\solids\tutorial\inch
    anyone have these files that they could share with me?

all set. got the needed files to do the book tutorials. was a book tutorial ever done for mastercam surfacing like was done for solids? having many problems with mastercam surfacing that i am not able to solve right now.

there used to be a CD floating around ebay for V9 surfacing for about $30.00. don't know if it is still out there. might want to check out that avenue.
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-king View Post
    there used to be a CD floating around ebay for V9 surfacing for about $30.00. don't know if it is still out there. might want to check out that avenue.
    looked but no luck so far. i will keep looking.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    i have the surface and solid model cd. it provided a good start but i still have questions on mastercam surface modeling that are not covered on the cd. i get gaps between edge curves and the fillet surfaces i create and i am still am not able to project arcs like you did. i found this with a google search and i wonder if it would provide some more insight on mastercam surfacing.

Mastercam Training CD's Basic Surface Modeling

e-mail not returned. phone number no longer in service. my search for surface modeling tutorials for mastercam continues. picking up some good tips in the mastercam v9 solid modeling book. glad i purchased it. can not believe a surface modeling book on mastercam is so hard to find.

I wonder were steve went. must of got a full time job. Sorry.Now what about the link I sent you to Mikes files or the video library option at Eapprentice.net
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I wonder were steve went. must of got a full time job. Sorry.Now what about the link I sent you to Mikes files or the video library option at Eapprentice.net
    just checked pm. did not get links.

I am sorry what are you talking about PM from me?
    Cadcam

I am sorry what are you talking about PM from me?
    if you sent me a link i did not get it. i already have the tfm cd on solids and surfaces. does not cover topics i have asked about and that i am still trying to find answers to expect project arc which i have reviewed several times and can not get to work. the work around from txcncman worked great but i still would like to know how to properly project wireframe geomety. i looked at eapprentice offerings and they do not seem to cover the surfacing topics i need help with. mastercam book on solid modeling is pretty good. do not understand why i can not find a book or in depth tutorials on mastercam surface modeling.

Joe, the link was in this posting a few posts back. but here it is again Tips For Manufacturing Multimedia Training Tools For Mastercam and Anilam Also look at the option for Eapprentice.net option to.
    I take it there is no school near you offering class's or what about your dealer?
    Cadcam

do not want to say anything bad about mastercam dealer. mastercam facebook page has comments from other with similar dealer issues. thank you in advance for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesph Jackman View Post

e-mail not returned. phone number no longer in service. my search for surface modeling tutorials for mastercam continues. picking up some good tips in the mastercam v9 solid modeling book. glad i purchased it. can not believe a surface modeling book on mastercam is so hard to find.
    e-mail returned! have now sent second e-mail with new screen grabs to steve. hope to finally get to the bottom of what i am doing wrong. do not think this is a screen settings/chord height problem. i hope the new screen grabs better illustrate the problems i am having.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails proof_of_gap.jpg   proof_of_gap_2.jpg