587,913 active members*
3,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

dynamic graphic on 0i Mate TC

The manual says that it is also possible to see the toolpath on the graphic screen without actually running the machine. This feature is termed 'dynamic graphic'. However, I am able to see the toolpath only when I actually cut the material. So, I am not able to prove the program just by observing the toolpath simulation. Is this feature an optional feature on 0i Mate TC? Or, is some parameter setting required for activating this feature? Please let me know how to use/activate this feature. Thanks.

hello

unless you have a machine lock switch, the graphics only work as the machine is running the program. I have the same problem on my lathe. not what you wanted to hear, but i hope this helps. sat sri kal

Gerry

There are several keyed switches on my machine, such as edit lock (which I have used). I think one of these might be the machine lock switch. I will check. But when do we activate this switch - before NC start or immediately after NC start or whenever we want to see dynamic graphic? Moreover is it possible to see the final shape of the machined part or the graph will just show the toolpath?

m/c lock switch

My machine does have a m/c lock keyed switch, but when I activate it, it faithfully locks everything and nothing happens. The manual also says that for dynamic graphic, the machine must be in the locked state ("To execute drawing without moving the machine, enter the machine lock state"), though everything else required for actual machining must be set ON (To draw a machining programpath by dynamic graphic drawing, you must select MEM mode using the mode switch on the machine operator's panel and release start lock, interlock, and the like, thereby setting conditions that could start actual NC operation of the machine."). Either I am missing some point (possibly I am not activating the m/c lock switch at proper time or in proper manner), or this facility is not available / activated on my machine. Please help.

Finally, I learnt a way to see the tool path without tool movement. Normally, it should be possible with machine lock key, this key is not implemented for this purpose on my machine. But, still simulation is possible in "program test mode". Press offset button on MDI, then right extension soft key, then OPR soft key. This opens software operator's panel in 3 pages. Go to the third page and make PROGRAM TESTON. To speed up the simulation, make DRY RUN ON. Now, execute the program through CYCLE START. The tool will not move, but position will keep changing and the graph also can be seen. For normal execution, make test mode and dry run OFF, switch OFF the machine and again switch ON.