587,414 active members*
2,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Bandit 1 Contoller ASCII Keystroke definitions help

Cool Bandit 1 Contoller ASCII Keystroke definitions help

Does anyone know what the PC keyboard keystrokes are that denote "Enter" and "Store" and how to format the test file in notepad when sending through RS232 serial to the control?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mikes Custom Bikes

[email protected]

There is no end of block character, so I assume that just using carriage return and line feed (like any text file) will transmit as a new word. It should not be necessary to take any special pains to do that.

If you were to transmit
    X1. Y1.
    the 'bandit enter' will automatically be inserted for you, because the 'bandit enter' was used to denote a series of commands combined as a multiaxis move or as a drill cycle or as a mill cycle.

Bandit does not use some G codes in the normal sense. No G01 and no G00 are used, but there are special commands for cutting complete 360° circles that will use /G2 and /G3, otherwise, the code is very abbreviated. I just pass that along in case you get errors right away when you transmit a file to it.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the quick reply!! That answers my questions perfectly. Now all I have to do is get my RS232 cable from Len Albright from Albright CNC and I should be in business.
    I am trying to engrave text on some Harley Fork Seal Installation Tools I designed and Manufacture to sell thru JP Cycles and on my web site and the program is just too long to type in (about 700 lines) which is getting close to the maximum of 999 for the control.