587,409 active members*
3,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Can anyone tell me what these 2 items are?

Can anyone tell me what these 2 items are?

they bolt onto my hitachi seiki 4A turret lathe, but I can not figure out what you would use them for?

#1. Boring head. Since it's mounted on the turret, you can't adjust dia by moving the cross slide, so you use one of the two holes to mount your boring bar and adjust the diameter with the dial.

#2. Looks like some form of a "box tool".

box tool browne and sharpe - Bing Images

Used for production, very common in cam type automatic screw machines. You can get an excellent finish and very precise diameter control... like 16micro and +/_.0005" once it's set up properly. There's usually 2 support rollers, and one of them acts as a burnishing roll. Also excellent for turning long and small diameters because you can get the finish dia in one pass.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...31&FORM=IDFRIR

I'm beginning to think that I'm being ignored. Given the sarcasm in many of my posts, that should not be surprising, and I can understand. When I am serious, and genuinely helpful, I would find it reasonable to expect an acknowledgement of some sort though.

I'm finding that all too often that I'm not alone in this, and have noticed many others offering help and receiving not so much as a "thanx".

From now on, I'm implementing a new policy.... You ask a question, I'll post a simple "Are You There?". If you respond, I'll offer my help.

I don't think that's too much to ask. If common courtesy is dead, then screw you.

Well, considering he has only four posts in two years, and three of those were on a question he had posted in 2007 with no response, resurecting a three year old thread, he may not have been back on here to see if he had received a response yet.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

old school boring bar holder& turning attachment

THE TOOLING HOLDERS YOU HAVE COME FROM AN MUCH OLDER MACHINE.
    THE DIAL ON THE TOP OF BORING BAR HOLDER IS ADJUSTABLE, IN WHAT-EVER
    SCALE IT HAS ON IT CAN'T REALLY SEE FROM PIC'S

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    I'm beginning to think that I'm being ignored. Given the sarcasm in many of my posts, that should not be surprising, and I can understand. When I am serious, and genuinely helpful, I would find it reasonable to expect an acknowledgement of some sort though.

I'm finding that all too often that I'm not alone in this, and have noticed many others offering help and receiving not so much as a "thanx".

From now on, I'm implementing a new policy.... You ask a question, I'll post a simple "Are You There?". If you respond, I'll offer my help.

I don't think that's too much to ask. If common courtesy is dead, then screw you.
    Wow. I was happy to see that I got a response in only 3 days, just got back from work now. I was indeed overjoyed to finally find out what they are. From now on if I bother someone I will write every bit of my schedule so people do not get their feelings hurt. Again, wow, I believe I was just told to go fcuk myself?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    Well, considering he has only four posts in two years, and three of those were on a question he had posted in 2007 with no response, resurecting a three year old thread, he may not have been back on here to see if he had received a response yet.

Exactly right. Thank you too.

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.conner View Post
    THE TOOLING HOLDERS YOU HAVE COME FROM AN MUCH OLDER MACHINE.
    THE DIAL ON THE TOP OF BORING BAR HOLDER IS ADJUSTABLE, IN WHAT-EVER
    SCALE IT HAS ON IT CAN'T REALLY SEE FROM PIC'S

Thank you as well. Does anyone know what the tooling bar adapter would look like?

I am a fire fighter, if I do not immediately praise thanks if answered, please accept my sincere apologies. I have never seen a response to a question any faster than the speed of smell, I am pleasantly surprised that I got replies.

THANK YOU ALL!

You are welcome. I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. I am glad I could help out, even though just a little bit.